Friday, June 19, 2009

The British are better...

...way better, when it comes to American food. I had McDonalds yesterday because I needed to fix my own dinner before going out to the theatre, so I picked up McDonalds and took it back to the apartment, and the service was awful! And this is English speaking, completely literate Americans that I'm referring to - not the mix of foreigners serving us in Camberley. Seriously though, I had to repeat myself three times, and then she tried to send me away without fries or a drink, which I'd already paid for! Then, having already specified that it was 'to go', I then had to embarrass both of us even further by actually asking for a bag to put the stuff in. 

Having gotten back to the apartment, I was really let down by the food - the burger tasted as if it had been reheated, and the mayo looked like kurt's home brewed mary-rose sauce - and tasted like it, too. It was disgusting!

End of rant. 

Rewind to Tuesday night - end of. 

Anne Hathaway was amaaaazing! She certainly does hath a way of stunning an audience! I knew she could sing, but I never knew she was trained in opera. She should soooo try out for the part of 'Elphaba'. 

Wednesday - I spent wondering around Central park Zoo, and then walked up 'Literary Walk', and up 'The Mall' until I was back within spitting distance of Ursh's apartment again, or almost. 

I saw Wicked yesterday evening and, aside from the McDonalds, have never felt more ripped off in my life. Lets put it this way - for the price I paid last night, I would have been in my own private box and would have had a backstage tour included in the price if it had been in England. Instead, I found myself in the Gods, although to be fair there wasn't a bad seat in the house - It seemed as though anywhere you sat, you'd be getting an amazing view of the stage. But still, In England you wouldn't pay more than thirty pounds for a seat where I was sitting. The cast more than made up for it, though. A few of the jokes had been tweaked or dumbed down, but the actors compensated for it with their singing. Unrivaled. Seriously. 

Got home on the dot of 11pm, and slept through until midday today. Just had a lazy day today, and nothing much to report. Although tomorrow will be interesting. Ursula's friend has managed to get us all free tickets to the baseball game tomorrow - I'm not all to sure how I'll fair with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment